Last Updated on August 29, 2021 by studiob2
In a competitive market, you pay attention to every detail to get noticed and set yourself apart from your competitors to help sell your product or service. So, you need your marketing materials to stand out, send a message about your brand, and add value to your campaign. Print finishes help fine tune the image you want to cultivate, adding that something extra to your marketing materials. Here’s what they are and why to choose special finishes.
Print Finishes Explained
Once marketing materials are printed, finishes are added to make them more effective when it comes to first impressions. Here are some options:
- Varnishing: Printed materials can be varnished to give them a glossy or even a rich matte look. This option gives materials a polished look and adds a layer of protection as well.
- Laminating: A thin layer of protective plastic is applied to the finished material. This is a great option to add toughness for materials that need to last. It adds a water-proofing layer that is also tear resistant.
- Embossing and Debossing: Add texture to printed words. Embossing makes the chosen print really pop, and debossing presses some words into the page to add texture.
- Foil Stamping: This adds an elegant element to your materials by applying a metallic material. Choose from gold, silver, and other metallic colors.
- Thermography: Add a raised finish for a truly stand-out look. Thermographic powder is available in solid colors, metallic, glitter, and fluorescent.
When it comes to print finishes, you want to use them to your advantage and ensure that the effects you choose align with the goals for your marketing materials and overall brand image. Unlike web marketing, printed materials are tangible, and these finishes help appeal to physical senses. A professional designer helps you select the right options, so your materials look polished and not overdone.
It’s Time to Create Sophisticated Marketing Materials for Your Business, and You Can Do That With Print Services From Studio B2!
Talk to the designers at Studio B2 about your image and goals for marketing materials! We’ll work with you to get the right look for your brand that helps you stand out from the crowd. Give us a call at 954-854-6148 to chat with our designers during a complimentary consultation to see how we can help you grow through the power of print.